Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Caramba!

Nora, I have a new found respect for linguists!!! I just took my first quiz in Espanol uno cero uno. (Spanish 101) I think I did well, but it took mucho estudiar! There is little support on the home front. Jeff responds to my questions en espanol with, "I don't care." (He took German.) Andrew walks away saying, "I don't speak German!" (Jeff can help him with that.) Kaitlyn answers everything with, "Me llamo Kaitlyn." That's fine if my question was, "Como te llama tu?" (What is your name?) I need two semesters of this! I keep telling myself I will be grateful.....someday.

2 comments:

lor said...

you should flag down mi nino

he calls me "Madre" now and speaks to me like I should understand him...

please. I took one year twenty something years ago although I did learn to say "Donde esta su biblioteque de mathematicas?" when i was subbing for District 86.

Anonymous said...

Keep it up Rachel! It's worth it-no matter how little you can say now, even a little greeting would bless someone new to our country who doesn't speak English yet and who needs to connect.

Abrazos,
Nora