Monday, February 4, 2008

Whoa mama

As I had mentioned on Dennis' blog the other day, I am now officially the mother of two teenagers! They are doing their best to make me feel old. Kaitlyn has a formal dance this weekend so I took her dress shopping for her snow day Friday. She tried on the first dress and she looked like a princess. A grown up one. Not the four year old in dress up clothes. I felt like crying. By the way, that was the dress that we bought. (I'll post pics after the event. She has to have her hair done you know.)
I was looking at pictures of A.J. It is amazing how quickly the little boy is evolving into a young man! Just comparing a picture from September to one taken a few weeks ago made me stop in my tracks. My round-faced, apple-cheeked boy is about 1/2" from looking down at me. If I can have Jeff help me with the scanner (I don't have the software) I'll post a picture from last year and this year. Wow!
Alaina will be a "tween" this year. February 14 marks the last of the school parties for her. I have been the cupcake lady since Kaitlyn was in Kindergarten. Those little things are going to be missed.
I know I still have Christi. Her school experience is a bit different. I still cherish the moments, but things just aren't done the same. We have a theory that God has kept her from growing so fast so that we are able to linger in each stage. The other three are growing up so fast. I think in a way that has prevented us from being frustrated that at 7 1/2 she is still very toddler-like. She has been such an incredible gift.

1 comment:

lor said...

yea, well, you just remind them that if they ever want the car keys, they better be nice to you

:)