Sunday, February 10, 2008

My baby young lady







Saturday night was the big night. Kaitlyn attended her first Winter Ball at high school. She looked so elegant and beautiful. I must admit I was rather proud of my accomplishment. I did her hair. For anyone who knows my hairdo past, will realize that creating a french braid puts me in a sweat!
She had a great time. No dates at this point. I am very glad that the majority of her friends are content to go and enjoy these freshman events as a group instead of as couples. We'll talk about the date thing down the road. :)
I will let the pictures speak for themselves!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Rachel! Tell Kaitlyn I said she looked beautiful. Her dress is so pretty. Maybe you can teach me how to "do hair". I've never had to do it up to this point, but I think some major hairdoing will be in my future.

Rachel B said...

Hopefully Maya (sorry, did I spell it right?) will be more willing to let you do her hair. I haven't had much practice other than Christi's ponytails! I liken doing her hair to cattle roping. Ever put a ponytail on a moving target? I'm petitioning to have it become an olympic event.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's Maya - you spelled it right. The only practice I've ever had in doing hair was quite a long time ago on my barbie dolls! Even though it may be a challenge I just can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! And, she has excellent taste in dresses...love the purple! Glad to hear she had fun.

Kelly said...

What a beautiful young woman Kaitlyn is becoming!

You & Jeff must be so proud!!

:)