Monday, April 7, 2008

What's in a name???

Cheryl...you have inspired me.

Who has a nickname and or an embarrassing nickname story?

I have already told you I call Andrew "My little man-boy." He also gets called Butchie. We don't really call Kaitlyn by a nickname. I always thought we would call her "kitten" when we chose her name, but it never stuck. Alaina on the otherhand...Lainey, Laineybug, Bug, Buggers, Punky & Punkysqueedunk. Christi is Christibistiboo, Peanut & Nanners (to Lainey only.)

My dad gave me the nickname "Moppet." My grandpa used to call me "Rascalitywag." One of my most embarrassing nickname moments was just before I began highschool. My parents and I had gone to walk around Lincoln-Way and get the layout. We were sitting in the cafeteria and just as a group of guys walked by my dad blurts out loud, "So Wonderwoman...!" I about slid right under the table. That is a big deal when you're that age! That's why I love to make sure A.J.'s friends know he will always be my man-boy no matter how big he gets!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being that I'm a redhead, the nicknames were nonstop and relentless when I was younger. Especially because when I was younger my hair was quite a few shades lighter than it is now - it had more of orangish tinge to it. Let's see . . . there was the nickname carrot top (to which I would always say, "carrot tops are green, not red" in the most bratey and whiney tone I could find, with my hands on my hips of course!). My least favorite was the nickname Tomato Head (which was only used by one boy in grade school - Greg Zalud - funny how I can still remember his name). Then there was the nickname Red . . . how original . . .