Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cruizin'



I'm back...again...

I miss my Lainey Bug. This is the actual ship she is on. She is on a vacation with my parents and friends of theirs. I was a bit worried. She is my mommy's girl. Don't get me wrong. She LOVES her sleep overs, but one night close enough to pick her up is a bit different than say...leaving the States! She must have called 4 or 5 times before even getting on the boat last Sunday. She even called twice from my mom's cell phone yesterday after finally getting a signal.
She is having a blast. They went to the Bahamas, yesterday they were in St. Thomas and today they will be in St. Maarten. I know...they are roughing it! :) They went snorkeling yesterday and may again today. She was talking a mile a minute about her trip so far. I can't wait to see the pictures she brings back. I've been to Mexico three times growing up, but never on a cruise. Jeff is a bit jealous because so far Florida is about as tropical as he has gone.
A snorkeling tip she has shared...dog treats! Apparently the fish love them. She was cracking up telling me about the school of nearly 2000 fish she and my mom found themselves in the middle of. She loved it. That may have freaked me out a bit!
I'll share a few pics when she's back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok - what the frig? Your kid is in the Caribbean, the Newton's kid is in Cancun... Where the heck do I sign up to get adopted into one of these families?!

Rachel B said...

Good question. I think however in these cases you have to be adopted as a grandkid. You do realize I am still here as well!