Sunday, June 22, 2008

103

I am asking for prayer for Jeff's Great Great Grandmother, Grandma Husband. I have only met her a few times, but she is an amazing woman. She lives in Michigan near Indiana. This January she turned 103! She had lived on her own and even was still driving well into her 90's. My favorite picture of her is one where she is out on her lawn mower mowing her lawn and wearing a hat. I believe she was in her 90's at the time the picture was taken. If I can get a hold of it and make a copy, I will share it with you all sometime.
My in-laws had seen her about a month ago at a confirmation and said she was still doing well, but Jeff's grandma went to see her last weekend while attending a graduation party and said she was unresponsive. She has quit eating and drinking and does not recognize anyone. My prayer is that she goes quickly and painlessly. She is a strong Christian. Once it was determined that she could no longer live alone, she spent her days at the home she was placed in visiting and praying with the other residents that were often 25 years younger and could not get around! So many people give up and believe they have no purpose. I think at this point her body is not able to keep up with her spirit.

2 comments:

Rachel B said...

Wow! This is not the follow-up comment I had planned to write. I saw Jeff's grandma Sunday at Lainey and Christi's birthday party. I asked how Grandma Husband was doing, since I had not heard an update. As the story goes, she woke up, asked that one of the staff call her daughter (Jeff's grandma's sister) and requested that the family get her out of their!
Stunned barely begings to describe everyone's reaction. When Jeff's grandma got the call from her sister, she thought she was calling to say she had passed. I guess I was wrong. Her spirit still prevails!

Rachel B said...

"THERE" not "their"
I am having a bit of trouble with my keyboard and noticed the typo after I posted and it won't let me edit my own post. Oh well.