Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The power of switches.


One thing that continues to amaze Christi and keep her attention is switches. Everywhere we go, she asks, "Where's light switch at?" If I don't answer right away she grabs my chin and pushes my face up towards the lights like, "You know...Light switch...they turn the lights up there on and off!" And by the way, "I don't know," is not an acceptable answer.
Well, tonight as I was putting her to bed she said, "Rain stopped."
"Yes, Christi, rain stopped."
"Whose rain switch?"
"God has the rain switch. God turns the rain on and off."
"Where's God?"
"God's in Heaven and all around."
"Where's Heaven?
Hmmmmm. I was stumped, humbled and thrilled all at the same time. How do I explain this to her. I'm not sure that if I try she will understand. I am humbled because I DO have the chance to try. I am thrilled because she even asked. I struggle at times personally with whether or not I am doing enough as her mom to explain God to her.
It's a moment like this that I remember as well to thank God for Laurie A. and Lisa F. for spending the time they do with her on Sunday mornings at church. With their help and the help of Adventureland, Jeff and I don't have to do it on our own.
Thank you.

1 comment:

lor said...

Rachel,
It is a very cool thing to be able to hang out with our girl, Christi!

love you guys!