Thursday, May 15, 2008

Anyone have a toddler sized football helmet?

As mentioned in the previous post, Christi wound up with 7 stitches Mother's Day night. Bedtime is an interesting routine with Christi. Her bedroom looks like a war zone. She DOES NOT like to go to bed before ANYONE else in the house. If she hears the faintest signs that anyone is still up, she will kick her walls and doors and scream, "SHUT UP!" A.J. helped to basically empty her room of everything except her bed and dresser in an effort to win the bedtime battle. There were only a few items left on her closet shelf. We even removed everything hanging in her closet! You would think a shelf that high would be safe from a 41" tall 33 pound girl...WRONG!
She was laying in her closet kicking the closet wall. A decorative solid oak wood shelf that was sitting on the closet shelf fell off and hit her square in the lip. I won't go into too much detail, but it required three stitches on the outside of her lip and four more inside. I will leave it to your imagination. Just think though about head and face wounds. Alaina unfortuantely was the first to go into her room. I feel so bad because as soon as she saw all the blood, she freaked!
Christi was a trooper at the E.R. Tina the tech, who I am beginning to get to know too well, along with the Dr. was amazed at how well she behaved. They were worried that she wouldn't tolerate receiving stitches. We barely had to hold her down. You would think that by now this kid would be terrified by hospitals. She leaves blowing kisses and saying, "Bye. See you later. Love you!" While I say, "Hope we never come back! ...no offense!"
We are thinking of remodeling...I hear the foam look could be a new fashion trend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT is that a picture of? I looked and looked and couldn't figure it out-looks like it's in an aquarium? Of course, it's probably obvious to everyone else what it is, since I am stubbornly not getting the bifocals I need and therefore can't really see anything...

Rachel B said...

I found it on Google images under "fat lip." I think it is supposed to be a cichlid. I hadn't taken an actual picture of Christi's lip, so I thought the picture of the fish was funny...a bit disturbing, but funny.

nora said...

Very funny!

At first I was looking at it from the wrong perspective, I thought the chin (do fish have chins?) was a helmet and the fins were ponytails....