Friday, August 8, 2008

ANNOYING!




Erik,


I guess this mainly goes out to you, but I am hoping someone out there has a solution!


That pesky ghost kid "Not Me" is up to it again! Not me somehow clicked on some popup for Vista Antivirus 2008, but it is not activated. It keeps popping up about every 10 seconds (I WISH I WERE EXAGGERATING!) It will not allow me to remove the software. I wrote a nasty e-mail to the contact link. I even used the words 'annoying' and 'I DO NOT WANT THIS.' I am hoping for a solution. Any suggestions?
Annoyed

2 comments:

Rachel B said...

Never mind. I FINALLY figured it out. I had to update my current antivirus software (apparently the version I had was obsolete) and run it so that Vista quit running. Then it let me remove it.
Does this elevate me to some lower level tech geek now? I must say that I am feeling a little bit of pride over this one.

Anonymous said...

Nice work, Rach. I had to clean one f those out at work this week WITHOUT the help of AntiVirus...

You're learning well, young grasshopper.