Friday, August 8, 2008

NASTY!!!



Alright Kelly, even you could not bring yourself to relocate this thing! It's called a Spined Micrathena. A.J. and I were painting my grandmother's shed and this decided to build a web right in front of me! Creeped out does not even begin to cover it! I find it funny that when I googled 'strange spiders', this was one of the first things to pop up.

I found a site that claims that this is a common spider. I must say that I was quite content to have never met one before...or ever want to again.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

ok Rachel...

so I'm currently sitting in Panera & I think I just inhaled a piece of lettuce!

Believe me, spiders freak me out...

I just can't kill 'em!

Anonymous said...

Check out www.whatsthatbug.com .

I can spend hours looking around there.

Rachel B said...

The only good thing is that this is a small spider. It would fit on a dime. If it were any bigger I'd of had a heart attack on the spot!